Friday 20 June 2014

2014 WORLD CUP: "I’m Not God" - Stephen Keshi Tells Nigerians




image



Super eagles coach, Stephen Keshi at the post-match conference in Curitiba on Monday night spoke on the likely chances of Super eagles defeating Bosnia Herzegovina in Saturday's
2014 Brazil World Cup game.

Keshi said: "I'm not God to tell you with all conviction that the Super Eagles will beat Bosnia on Saturday."

"I won't say that we would be favourites in the game against Bosnia. I don't also like the tag of being favourites before matches. I just want to go there and win matches. Then to answer the question of how I have coped with criticisms of my team even after lifting the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa in February 10, 2013, I want to say that I have
always been criticized - win or lose.

So, this draw wont' change the trend. For Nigerians, we
have to win all our matches. That is the mindset of Nigerians. And I have learnt how to
live with it.

"I'm not God. I will do the needful and that includes getting back to the training sessions
to correct the mistakes we have seen in the game. We will also drum it into the players'
ears the need to be calm during the games.

My boys need to understand that every team prepares very well for Nigeria.

"No assurances to anyone. We will prepare
better for Bosnia. even the boys now appreciates the need to exercise caution during
matches. And that includes being calm, move the ball around the field to create the openings
and of course movement of the players to free them from their markers."

Nigerians are, however, worried about the super eagles chances of qualifying for the second round but the Super Eagles boss, Stephen Keshi on Monday said that despite
Nigeria's goalless draw with Iran, his team would plan hard for the match against Bosnia .

He said: "Nigerians are never satisfied.

Whatever you do they will criticise you, but I am used to that. I will not allow that to distract me. Rather, we will go back to plan against Bosnia."






No comments:

Post a Comment

This post is exclusive to Nekx Music Online!!!

Unauthorized copying or republishing without the prior permission from the author is strictly prohibited.

For contributions and inquiries, comment below or send a text to our whatsapp customer care agent on +2348083533142

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Tarrmie de Man